Advancing circular lithium-ion battery manufacturing and recycling
LOHUM powers next-gen li-ion battery mobility & energy solutions; gives batteries multiple lives through reuse technology, and makes battery materials last forever through lithium ion battery recycling.
LOHUM creates enhanced customer value through 3 primary technologies:
Lithium-ion batteries for low-power mobility & stationary applications.
Re-purposing used battery packs, modules and cells to create new batteries.
Lithium ion battery recycling to extract battery materials for reuse.
Our goal was to develop technology that maximizes sustainability across the battery life cycle. Through our battery manufacturing, reuse and recycling capabilities we are able to provide the most efficient, sustainable and cost-effective solutions for our customers.
Zero Waste & Circular Economy
Lithium ion Battery Life Cycle Model
A li-ion battery can have multiple lives. And battery materials are very valuable. Lohum’s technology and model are designed to maximize value and sustainability over a lithium ion battery’s life cycle. Our goal is to lower the costs of electrification, both economically and environmentally, through an integrated model.
The major cycles are:
- Manufacturing lithium ion battery
- Testing used lithium batteries collected from multiple sources and re-deploying the useable cells into 2nd life batteries
- Lithium ion battery recycling can help recover valuable materials such as cathode, anode, and other parts from non-reusable batteries that have reached the end of their lives.
The used lithium ion batteries can be productive in the right application for at least another 3 years. The reclaimed materials are of higher quality than traditional mining and are ready to be used in the process to manufacture new batteries. This closed-loop process is executed in a seamless, cost-effective, and environmentally sustainable manner. And it can be repeated endlessly. The result unlocks a new way to think about the possibilities of electrification.
- Maximizes battery cell life through re-purposing
- Creates new battery raw material supply through recycling
- Dramatically reduces energy demand & CO2e emissions
- Drives cost reductions through sustainability
Projected Impact of Circular Economy
Advanced li-on EV batteries constructed for low power mobility (2W& 3W) and designed to deliver clean power in tough operational environments.
Modular lithium-ion stationary storage solutions tailored for applications such as telecom & ESS.
News & Press
LOHUM in Images
- Factory – 1March 19, 2021
- Factory – 3March 19, 2021
- Factory – 4March 19, 2021
- Material Extraction – 5March 19, 2021
- Material Extraction – 6March 19, 2021
- R & D Lab – 1March 19, 2021
- R & D Lab – 5March 19, 2021
- R & D Lab – 6March 19, 2021
- R & D Lab – 3March 19, 2021
- R & D Lab – 8March 19, 2021
- R & D Lab – 9March 19, 2021
- R & D Lab – 11March 19, 2021